Pages

5.23.2013

32 weeks "ready to POP"

 
 
Working in an office all day with lots of ladies and wonderful people whom i really enjoy was really fun for months 1-7 of my pregnancy. Everyday i felt showered with compliments about my "glow", how great i looked, how i made pregnancy look easy and on and on... then 3rd trimester hit! Now the comments i hear are mostly "WOW - you get bigger everyday" or my favorite = "are you SURE you're not having twins?!?!" which she proceeded to ask me 2 more times after i answered NO!  Today i was told that i look like i'm going to have that baby any day now. my reply?... "I HOPE NOT!! i have 8ish more weeks to go". A Psychiatrist i work with asked me for some paperwork today "before i pop"... all before 10 am.  Then later in the day a co-worker said "you must be ready to have that baby already". Yep, that was my breaking point. My response? "If I hear 1 more person tell me something like that i am going to loose it! why do you think i'm ready? do I look miserable to you? have i complained to you? I'm due in July and actually really loving pregnancy - so NO! i'm not ready and hopefully the baby is not ready either!" Gotta tell you, it felt good too
I feel like making a button that says:
PER BABYCENTER.com
"i'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to the baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb." SO I"M ONLY GOING TO GET BIGGER!! Please keep your "funny" comments to yourself.

Maybe it's the 3rd trimester crabbiness kicking in, or feeling pretty crappy today that's getting to me but really people, really! I'm trying to think if i was ever so insensitive to those pregnant beauties i know. I do remember empathizing with them and marveling on how amazing it is that our bodies get so big at the end. So perhaps if i said that to a friend at the wrong time, i could have made her feel like i feel now.

I am one who embraces, appreciates and really just loves the miracle of pregnancy. I feel so grateful for this blessing and try to dismiss silly comments by people who  don't understand, or care, how their funny "jokes" may make a VERY PREGNANT lady feel but today sucked! I drove to work and had another "episode" where i feel like i'm just going to die, had to pull over and then was late to work. I get to work, feeling like crap and am showered by those lovely "popping and overdue" comments, and as i type this my back is killing me. I just want to go home and lay down for some back pain relief. But instead i'll stretch, walk it off, find some chocolate and SMILE because i'm pregnant, BIG and having a BABY soonish :) The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment